Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Catching up, Bullet point style...

Sorry for the unintended hiatus. In the past, it has been the Razor's modus operandi that if I don't have time to do something right, I throw it together haphazardly and publish it. This month it seems, even that has been impossible. To get caught up, some bullet points:

  • Noticed the Time Magazine "Man of the Year" was awarded to a young man who started a website. Alas, it wasn't me. The Facebook guy...
  • Got a Christmas Card from my Uncle Larry (who due to his dedication to the Razor, is quickly becoming one of my favorite uncles) and Aunt Fannie. They addressed it to me, and all of my staff at the Razor. Made me laugh.
  • I missed the E-Visceration® I had planned for David Sconyers' birthday (12/17). Which is particularly tragic when you consider how old he is. Might not get to use it next year. Perhaps the eulogy?
  • I've been considering adopting a child from a 3rd world country. It breaks my heart to see the deplorable conditions in the sweatshops where many of these kids are forced to work. Wouldn't it be fun to have his/her birthday party at Build-A-Bear Workshop?
  • Did you hear about that kid who choked to death on the little Adam's apple from the boardgame "Operation"?
  • Sorry about those last two bullet points, been dabbling in Irony lately.
  • We the people of the USA. Jose, that doesn't include you, ese. (Admittedly, this joke works better in the spoken word, and would've been more timely a few months ago when illegal immigration was all the rage.)
  • Do you have any idea how dumb I feel when someone asks me want I want for Christmas and I direct them to my website? Somewhere between pretty and very.
  • I was looking for a way to end this post when my sister had the misfortune of sending me this text message: "Where is >redacted<'s gift being shipped too?" Knowing my policy on ending sentences with prepositions (I'm against it), she thoughtfully added an o to the end of "to" and rendered her question nonsensical. Cool.

If you see anyone that knows me, tell them I said "Merry Christmas".

2 comments:

Krystal said...

I am more than happy to help end any of your Razor Post's. I personally think you could have used my help ending several of them much earlier than you chose to. <---(preposition)

Adam said...

Krystal,

While I agree with your general sentiment, I take issue with your (mis)use of the apostrophe. For future reference, to make a noun plural, you can generally just tack on an "s". i.e. post becomes posts. Apostrophes are generally used to mark the possesive case. : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...