Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tech Support?, More Countries, and Venishon's

The last couple times I've attempted to publish a post, Blogger removes all semblance of formatting. No paragraphs, no structure. Just one long stream of mindless drivel. As if this blog wasn't bad enough in bite sized pieces. So I had to go back and edit the post restoring the structure and try again. On the 2nd or 3rd attempt, it would publish in the format I intended (not to say good, but you take my point). Interestingly, my Microsoft Word is currently showing all of the formatting codes whenever I work on a document. Somewhere, deep in the recesses of my mind, I remember someone showing me how to turn that function off, but try as I might, I can't seem to access it. So if you know how to hide the "background codes" in Microsoft Word, I'd love to hear from you.

---
The American Civil War started 150 years ago today at Ft. Sumter, SC. FYI...
---

While on the subject of anniversary dates, 1 year ago today I was in the country of Malaysia on the Island of Borneo. To read more about these (mis)adventures you must needs only access the Razor archive.

The point? Yesterday someone in Malaysia accessed my blog by searching "prinsip adam razor" on Google. What in the world were they looking for? I'm tempted to run that search myself sometime.

---

Also added Dubai and Saudi Arabia to my hit map. Might have to start writing this baby in Arabic soon! Incidentally, I only know a couple Arabic words so my posts would be shorter (Slicers caught applauding will have their hands cut off). I can, however, render the word "kathira" in Saudi Arabia and Egypt. Surprisingly, the pronunciation in the two locales is quite different. Sadly, I forgot what the word means...

---

Realizing this might be the worst post of I've ever hammered out, I'll end with a humorous story from the weekend. And risk fouling my relationship with Christena...

Christena made plans to meet her friend Kim for dinner Saturday night. I, luckily, was not invited (forced) to attend. Upon concluding dinner, she called me to let me know how it went.

She said they had trouble finding a place suitable for Kim's mother to eat as she is Venetian. (Amy Kennedy, graduate of Dale County High School, spells it venishon, but I digress.) I've known Kim for a long time and had no idea that her mother was Italian, but it would explain a few things about her personality. Italian food in Dothan is of poor quality/quantity so I sympathized with their plight.

While processing this new information, I mentioned that they might have considered Olive Garden. At this point the conversation took an unforeseen 90 degree turn in the direction of hilarity. Befuddled, Christena informed me that Kim's mother, as it turns out, is not Italian. Rather, she has made the lifestyle choice of not eating meat, or any other animal product.

After laughing uncontrollably for a while, soiling myself, and reducing Christena to tears, I condescendingly explained that she was probably searching for the word "vegan", and that as it stood, I'd assumed that Kim's mother grew up in an Italian village where the populace travels around in little gondolas.

Due to the enthusiasm with which I heaped ridicule in her general direction, I've spent the last couple days in Christena's doghouse, subsisting on a diet of tofu, washed down with a tall glass of soy milk.

Delizioso

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I nearly wet myself reading the Venetian/Vegan mishap. Glad to see some hilarity back on the Razor.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...