Monday, January 24, 2011

Reponding to Comments, Another Strowd!, &c.

Continuing the Razor policy of responding to "Anonymous comments" in a snide and nit-picky manner, I offer a brief response to the Slicer who left these remarks on my last post:

Anonymous said...
"middle-east" Should be "Middle-East." For AP style sake...I'm just sayin'...
January 20, 2011 11:40 PM


And two minutes later, blessed us with this:

Anonymous said...
Oh yeah, and the rest was boring. (Your last five + posts...including the armadillo one.) You need new subject matter. :D
January 20, 2011 11:42 PM

Thanks for the advice. For clarity, is it "AP style" to capitalize "should" in the middle of a sentence? Further, I've done a great many things I'm not proud of, but I've never written anything in "AP style" and I hope I never do. By the way, regarding the premise that my last "5+ posts" have been boring, I tend to agree, assuming that the "+ sign" is inclusive of virtually everything I've ever written. You like using emoticons? Here's one for you (it's Abraham Lincoln):

=]:-)=

---

I have some exciting news about The Strowd. He and his wife are expecting a baby. Back in September I was hanging out with The Strowd(s) and he was asking (begging) his wife when they could start a family. Kelli, being of above average intelligence and showing good judgement, does not particularly relish the thought of raising a child with Michael. Her carefully crafted response: When Auburn wins a College Football National Championship. 50+ years of past performance left her feeling comfortable that she would never have to "pay up". To her horror, the Auburn team exceeded her expectations and she has been forced to procreate.

It is my understanding that the baby is due nine months and fifteen minutes after Wes Byrums' kick sailed through the uprights. Let's call it 11:30 cst on October 10th, +or- one hour to allow for the fact they were in attendance at the game and were in Mountain time.

I pray that God grants The Strowd's a healthy baby and that they enjoy the transition to parenthood. I pray more fervently that the baby looks like Kelli.

In related news, future attendees of events at "The University of Phoenix Stadium" in Glendale Az. are encouraged to not use the women's bathroom located between sections 203 and 204.

---

Those Slicers not bored to tears with my recent armadillo story will no doubt be interested to know that I killed another one. This time with a .22 rifle. The Helms Rd. scorecard now reads:

The Skippers: 3
Adam: 2

I've been closing the gap the past few months and I hope that I surpass them before armadillo season ends. If not, I'll use an * to mark their total, as there are 3 of them and only one of me. Either way, I'm sure to be the real winner, because I "dispose" of mine by leaving them in their yard...

---

4 comments:

Kelli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelli said...

Just make sure you hold your breath nine months from January 10th until the arrival of Baby Strowd :) Love your humor!!!

Adam said...

You are welcome!

Michael Strowd said...

Dear Adam,

Wear bullet proof vest when around lady Strowd. Believe me, she shoots straight!

Love,

Friends that enjoy reading the razor

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...