Friday, February 4, 2011

Budget cuts vs. Stimulus, Eat mor chiken...

How about a couple videos?

First, a visual representation of cutting $100,000,000 from the Federal Budget. It's much more fascinating then it sounds:




For balance, a video of Super Obama Girl:



Shockingly, the 2nd video has over 35,000,000 views. The penny view only has 1,500,000 views. As we learned in the first video, humans have a hard time visualizing concepts involving really large numbers. To help reduce the numbers down to something more manageable, lets convert over to percentages:

  • Likelihood of Super Obama Girl getting asked out on a date by a member of the opposite sex? 95.71%
  • And for the Penny Dude? 4.29%
  • And the probability of Super Obama Girl getting asked out by me, if we were ever to meet: 100%
  • Probability that the Penny Dude's mother wants her coins back? 100%

Is it any wonder that Obama got elected? Can you sense a subtle difference between his admirers and detractors?

---

Remember last summer when a Dothan City Commissioner lobbied for Chick-fil-A to make their food less delicious to help with the traffic problem in the area? I wrote about it here. Well at lunch Wednesday I discovered a "contributing factor". The girl who works the drive thru window is hotter than their new spicy chicken sandwich.

Yesterday (Thursday) I was the 11th car in line, just to get into the parking lot. Today it went quite a bit quicker, and I understood why when I was handed my food by some middle-aged guy...

As an aside, did you know that Chick-fil-A company policy discourages customers from using the Drive-thru window to order food for "here"? I tried that yesterday and they asked me not to do it again...

Any Slicers wishing to have lunch with their favorite Blogger are invited to meet me at Chick-fil-a, Monday through Friday at 11:30a.m. cst.

---

Go Steelers!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...