Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Bay of Mutts and Whales...

Long suffering Obama-hating Slicers who grew frustrated with the Razor as I defended the Presidents' handling of the Gulf Oil Spill and the Ground Zero Mosque, this one goes out to you!

In 1944, some Republicans spread the story that FDR had left his dog behind during a visit to the Aleutians and then sent a warship back to fetch him. In a speech to the Teamsters, he turned the charge to his advantage: ”These Republican leaders have not been content with attacks on me, or my wife, or on my sons. No, not content with that, they now include my little dog, Fala.”

Yesterday, President Obama told a labor audience in Milwaukee that he had taken on special interests: “And they’re not always happy with me. They talk about me like a dog. That’s not in my prepared remarks, it’s just — but it’s true. ”

One can only guess what the president was thinking. I’m the new Roosevelt, right? So what did he do when he was under attack? He told union guys something about a dog. But instead of tossing off some humorous line about Bo the First Canine, he blurted out a bit of witless self-pity. It was as senseless as it was unfunny.

Not even the world’s looniest dog-hater has ever accused a pooch of ignoring the Constitution and a running up a $13 trillion debt!

How about a couple Presidential photos? Last year's Obama summer vacation brought us some scintillating pictures of the President with his shirt off. This year? Not so much.



Sweet 10 Speed. Urkel called. He needs his helmet back. Michelle, throw those jeans away. Nobody wears grey jeans anymore.


I'm not suggesting that he should put on a flight suit and say something dumb from the deck of an aircraft carrier, but if this is the Obama administration's idea of a photo op, Geez.


Vladimir Putin (ex-president, puppet master, and future president of Russia) knows a thing or two about presentation (and vacationing). Did he go mountain biking through the Urals? Heck no! He went whale hunting for his vacation and provided this delightful picture:


Something tells me that if we had another Cuban missile crisis, the outcome would be a tad different.

Absum!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice work. I don't know how you find these pictures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...