Monday, August 16, 2010

Big Weekends for Stevie and Christena

My brother-in-law Steve and I have been trying to defeat this rope for the past 6 months. Various people we know have been holding their kids' birthday parties at the local gymnastics place, and while the kids break each others bones, we've been trying to ring the bell at the top of the rope.

I missed it by a couple inches a few months ago and fortunately have not had to go back.

When Stevie realized I was going to be out of town this past weekend, he decided to hold his daughters' party at the Gym and get a shot at the rope without my competition.

Sensing that I would not believe him if he didn't have video evidence, Stevie made the poor decision of having his climb filmed. Here it is:










Stevie claims to weigh 210 pounds. Which is probably true if he is weighing himself while standing on Venus. On Earth, he blew through 210 several years ago.

Would you like to know how much I would weigh on other planets? There is a neat calculator here.



In other weekend news, it rained quite a bit while I was in Panama City. As a result, we spent a couple hours in an interactive museum called Wonder Works.


Perhaps you have seen a toy like this before:






From the manufacturers website, here are some of its features:




  • Pin Point Impression Toy


  • Create beautiful sculptures in seconds


  • Turn everyday objects into objects d'Arte


  • Design free-form art by setting image captor on the side and pushing pins forward to create your own shapes

  • Toy for child above 3 years old (this is the feature that I want you to focus on)


At Wonder Works they have one of these toys that is the size of the human body. In spite of the fact that this venue is a "family establishment" and the toy is supposed to be safe for anyone over the age of 3, my girlfriend decided that she would become a "performance artist". Here is a photo:




What unfolded next was like a scene from a movie. Enraged mothers/wives were dragging their kids/husbands into other sections of the museum with such fervor that two kids suffered dislocated joints. One unfortunately curious husband got slapped across the face, those children not within arms reach of their parents burst into tears, and the curator of the museum informed us that while it was indeed an exhibit, exhibitionism was strictly prohibited.


I'm not sure if Christena has been banned from the whole chain of Wonder Works museums or just the Panama City location.


Over the lifetime of the Razor there have been several times when I have been hesitant to post something for fear of the repercussions. Most of the time I plow ahead, a few times I've exercised discretion. As I prepare to publish this post, I have a bad feeling about this one.

4 comments:

Christena said...

Revenge: to inflict equivalent injury or damage for (injury received)

Adam said...

Are you referring to the damage you inflicted on those poor children?

Christena said...

I think we both know that I'm referring to the damage that I'm going to inflict on you!

Anonymous said...

This would have actually been worthing reading if your video would've been Christena on the rope.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...