Friday, August 20, 2010

A quick one

UPDATE: In spite of the fact that this post was entitled "A quick one", I did not intend to publish it quite so quickly. My original plan was to work on it a little more, finish it and then publish it. Oh well. I did add one quick comment, but I'm leaving it basically unfinished...

Photobucket


I notice that Roger Clemmens is being indicted for lieing to Congress. He testified that he didn't use steroids...

One of the things he is charged with, "Obstruction of Congress".

Is that even illegal? It sounds like the kind of thing where we should have a ceremony and award a medal.

So if you lie to Congress, it's a crime. If Congress lies to you, no problem.

On the surface, it seems like a staunch "small government" guy like me would be against Congressional investigations of Major League Baseball. On the contrary! I salute these types of Congressional time wastery and file them under the same category as Obama's vacations. The more time they spend with this nonsense (or on vacation)the better...

Enjoy your weekend.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...