Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Situation Room, Dogs of War, and a Backhanded Compliment

Just when I thought the past week and a half couldn't get any better, I saw this photo:



That's right dear Slicers, your eyes are not deceiving you, while our Navy Seals were shooting and looting their way through Osama bin Laden's $1,000,000 compound, I mean 3rd-world shack, the National Security Council of The United States of America was easing the tension by reading the Razor!

Like the rest of the intel we have received about the raid, it is not clear exactly which post they were amusing themselves with. Based on the look on Hillary Clinton's face, I assume they were reading this post, where I detail my international web-hits and Joe Biden, who is a moron, mentioned me for the Secretary of State job. Another possibility is that they were reading the post about the 5 year anniversary since the sitting Vice-President shot a US citizen in the face (here).

Whatever they were reading, I'm was just glad to do my part in the Overseas Contingency Operation (formerly known as the War on Terror...). Mr. President, you are welcome.

---

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of Kinetic Military Action.

In a post few weeks ago (here), I was trying to make fun of political correctness and the unwillingness of the current administration to use the word "war". The original phrase, "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs war" comes from William Shakespeare's "Julius Caesar". Specifically, Act 3, Scene 1, if you've forgotten your 9th grade English Lit.

Now that we've got photo-evidence that the President reads the Razor, it should be no surprise that he did indeed, cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war. As I wrote last week, there was a canine involved in the raid on bin Laden. Since I've already set a new Razor record for linking my own articles, I'll not link the post from where I wrote about the dog with full body armor and titanium teeth. If you want to read the post, scroll down. I do, however, have a bit of an update. Thankfully, in the form of photos:



Zoom in, if you must, those teeth are metal!


---


It would be unfair for me to take full credit for the pro-democracy demonstrations occurring throughout the Middle-East or for the successful operation to eliminate bin Laden. There are/were a great many people involved. I'm just glad to fan the flames of the former and contribute key mission details to the latter.


Lest any of you feel that I'm getting a bit of a big head due to the success of the Razor, and the impact I'm making on the globe, fear not. My family keeps me grounded. While eating dinner with my parents on Sunday night, my father said, "I've been reading your posts on the Razor recently, you've had some pretty funny stuff." My mom chimes in, "I really like bin Laden's Facebook status in your recent post.

@&$#%!!!

That was the portion of that post that I didn't create! Clearly I stated that someone else did that work! Happy Mother's Day to you too!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...