Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Can you spell DOMINATION?

Two posts in one day! What did you slicers do to deserve such good fortune? Not much. I'm just feeling benevolent today. Why? I'm still reveling in a glorious victory from last night. No, I'm not a Lakers fan. I defeated my ladyfriend in a match of Bananagrams. Bananagrams is like fast paced Scrabble with no board. I'm the reigning Malaysian champ, which is no small feat considering my opponent in the finals was fluent in 4 languages, and conversational in about a half dozen more obscure dialects. (Anjira, if you're reading this, keep your comments to yourself. I know "bangsa" means tribe in West Coast Bajou, but we agreed to "modified international rules" before the match started.)

So last night I challenged Christena to a match. She only agreed to play me after I committed to playing left handed. Sucker.

Here's her layout:



For comparison, here's mine:



A few notable differences stand out:

My longest word: 11 letters. Hers: 5
I used both Q,s and both Z's. Including the word "Qat" (evergreen shrub, look it up). She used both X's. Big deal, she spelled "ex" twice. First of all, I'm not even sure "Ex" is a word. I assume she was using it in the "ex-boyfriend" sense. Which is probably what I'll be if anyone reads this post to her.

If only the good people at Dale County High School had taught her some 6 letter words... That's a lot to ask considering the amount of time they spent learning to drive tractors, brush their teeth, and make rednecky lawn ornaments in the ag shop.

DISCLAIMER:
While the facts listed above are mostly true, Christena is a very intelligent and highly skilled young (!) lady. The main purpose of this post is to promote my Adam's Razor Father's Day 2010 Gold Package. Wouldn't you like to see your father lampooned on The Razor? Sign up now before the calendar fills up. I'm only doing one father per day. Once your Dad's birthday is taken, it's over.

1 comment:

cyberjohn said...

I guess that makes me the champ of Brunei, since I won while we were awaiting our flight from Brunei to KK. So that makes a father and son combo for two countries. I think your mom probably whipped us both in Alabama. But that keeps it in the family.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...