Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Video, Al Gore, Soccer, and a Spy

Once again, I'm sorry for the infrequency of my blogging lately. You may recall from my last post that I cryptically mentioned "other projects" that I'd been working on. It feels good to finally be able to come clean on what I've been up to.

It also felt good for my unique satirical talent to finally be recognized on a national level. I recently was contacted by "The Whitest Kids You Know", a comedy troupe based out of NYC. They needed help with a political piece they were working on and felt that my "variety of satire and cynicism" could really put the sketch over the top. My delusions of grandeur quickly faded when I realized that they didn't want me to be on screen, but just needed someone to help write a couple jokes.

On the whole, I'm happy with the way the project turned out, and I appreciate the opportunity that I had to work with Trevor Moore and Sam Brown. The video is embedded below for you to enjoy. I'm sorry for the 20 second intro you have to watch before seeing the actual sketch, but they are using this piece to promote their upcoming season...





I had a couple blog ideas over the weekend that I'm not going to have time to complete. As a result, I'm just going to bullet point out some thoughts. To the extent that you are not entertained or amused, just be glad I didn't have time to do the job right.

  • On Al Gore: If he'd been the Vice President of Pangea, he would've made a bad movie about stopping Plate Tectonics. "An Inconvenient Continental Drift"
  • On The US getting knocked out of the World Cup by Ghana for the 2nd consecutive time: Ok Ghana, you win again. Wanna go double or nothing on women's tennis, basketball, hockey, golf, swimming, car racing, wars, or oil spills? Didn't think so. See you at the Olympics.
  • On the "bombshell" Russian spy: It seems all people can talk about is how "hot" this so-called spy is(photos here). Really? Have you ever seen a James Bond movie? As far as spies go, I'll give her about a 6. Heck, I had a better looking spy assigned to me, and I'm just a blogger.

1 comment:

Michael Strowd said...

As always.....

freaking excellent stuff.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...