Thursday, June 3, 2010

Living Vicariously Through South Carolina

Do you mind a quick update on a story I did last week? Linked here: Nikki Haley

To summarize last weeks news, blogger Will Folks announced that he had an "inappropriate physical relationship" with Mrs. Haley who is running for governor of South Carolina. I was concerned that this might set a dangerous precedent regarding political-candidate/blogger activities. I even contemplated shutting The Razor down to avoid the potential sexual advances of our local politicians.

I have good news gentle readers. As it turns out, Mrs. Haley's liaison with Mr. Folks was not related to his blogging activities. As a matter of fact, it seems that Mrs. Haley wasn't interested in sex with bloggers at all. Rather, her primary motive seems to be winning the election by having sex with most of the registered voters in the State of South Carolina.

That's right. She's at it again. "Larry Merchant, a lobbyist and former campaign worker for Haley's opponent in the state's Republican primary said Wednesday he had a one-night stand with her in 2008, at a conference in Salt Lake City". You can read more of the story here.

Three down (I'm presuming we can count her husband), many more South Carolians to go. In related news, the housing market in South Carolina has experienced a bit of a rebound as desperate males rush to get in before the polls close.

In should be noted that Mrs. Haley has denied all of the allegations. If you would like to read a recent National Review article that is favorable to her, it is located here. In 9 out of 10 elections I'll support NR's candidate. In this case, I'm especially hopeful. It's nice not having to wake up in the morning and say, "What am I gonna blog today?". With Haley as Governor, these things will practically write themselves.

While reading the article linked above, I noticed that Mrs. Haley is the "first Indian-American GOP state legislator in the country". I've looked at many photos of Mrs. Haley in an attempt to determine if she is and Indian (red dot on forehead, smells like curry) or an Indian (feathered headdress). I can't tell. I kinda miss the old days when Native Americans were referred to as Savages and Indians ran hotels not for office...

EDIT: Forgot to embed this video in the original post. If she's not Governor material, I don't know who is! Just glad I'm not married to her (for more reasons than one...).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...