Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Borneo Files, Version 4.1

Slicers, Shavers, Friends, and Family,

I'm sorry to have to inform you, but the slideshow of yesterdays' festivities has been delayed once again. My Dad bought an underwater camera to document the portion of our holiday that occured below sea level. I don't know if he is trying to develop the photos himself or what, but I don't have them and I'm gonna wait till I get them to do the island slideshow.

You will be interested to hear that while diving, I crashed my head into a large piece of coral. After I got the bleeding stopped, I was able to successfully remove the bits of coral from between my scalp and skull. It probably could've used a couple stitches, but I just rubbed it. Also, I completed the dive. Today it is tender but otherwise, no problem.

We have just finished packing for our trip to Brunei. As you probably know, the Island of Borneo consists of three seperate countries: Brunei, Indonesia, and Malaysia. For the past week we have been in Malaysia. Our flight to Brunei cost about $25 US and lasts less than a half hour.

Brunei is one of the world's wealthiest contries per capita. It is an oil-rich country with only 250,000 residents. As such, I assume I'll have consistent internet access to continue my e-coverage of the journey. If not, I'll be back in Malaysia on Saturday.

Until next time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...