Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Borneo Files, Version 5.0

I've arrived in Brunei. It is a very beautiful country. Very tropical and very luxurious. I should fit in. As I expected, I have better internet access here than I did in Malaysia. Tech-wise, my only concern is my power. I can't find my electrical converter. I fear I may have left it with the rest of stuff, back in Malaysia. We'll see...

With regards to the flight here, I've had taxicab rides that cost more and lasted longer. They didn't even have time to serve a drink. One poor guy went to the bathroom (#2) and wasn't finished when they plane touched down in Brunei. I can only assume who he wasn't eating the same things I've been eating.

We're about to hit the town for the first time. No time table on future slideshows. The memory card Dad gave me with the photos seemed to have a virus, so it's possible I may skip the Island/diving slideshow completely (sorry ladies). With that said, I've already seen some pretty neat things I'd like to photograph. The minarettes (sp?) on the local mosque are plated in gold. I'm told at night they light it up like a roman candle.

See ya soon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...