Friday, April 16, 2010

The Borneo Files, Version 4.2

This post is out of order chronologically. The events described and photographed below occured the day before I left for Brunei.

I just noticed that someone from Slovenia checked out the Razor. That's the first international hit not generated by me! I'd love to know how that happened. Oh well.

Makunan Island is one of a cluster of islands located a few miles north of Borneo in the South China Sea. We took a trip over to Makunan to explore and snorkel. I enjoyed it very much. I don't even remember the last time I went diving to sightsee. Long time Razor Readers will recall my (mis)adventures in The Bahamas back in February. It was very relaxing to swim around leisurely and look at tropical fish and coral formations. I'm gonna make a point to do this more often.

Here are the photos (with commentary):



You're gonna love this! When you are in Asia, your computer knows it and when you access websites, it pulls them up in random languages. So when I go to google, blogspot, &c., the text is in Malay. Most of the time it's no big deal. Like you, I know how to run a google search without having to read the buttons. However, I just tried to run spell-check on this post. Every single word except "Brunei" was misspelled. My spell checker is in Malay! As a result, I can't really tell how many words I misspelled. Usually my Mom and Christena catch the ones that I don't, in the meantime, please forgive any typos.

If you want me to send you some screen shots of various websites in Malay, leave a comment and I'll hook you up.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...