Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Extraterrestrials, Paranormal, and the Truely Bizarre

Meteorman

So there is this dude in Bosnia whose home has been hit by 6 meteorites in the past 3 years. You can read about it here. As unlikely as this seems, each of the rocks has been confirmed as a space rock.

As far as I can tell the previous record for meteorite strikes on a single structure was 1. How can we explain this phenomenon? I'll let the victim, Radivoje Lajic, do the talking:


'I am obviously being targeted by extraterrestrials. I don't know what I have done to annoy them but there is no other explanation that makes sense. The chance of being hit by a meteorite is so small that getting hit six times has to be deliberate.'


Just so we're clear, in The United States people target (illegal) aliens and in Bosnia aliens target people. Kakav Jedan Zemlja!


Evil Female Genie

From this article: A Saudi man has been chained in a basement apartment for more than six years because his father believes he is possessed by an evil female genie.

I have it on good account that prior to possessing the man, this genie spent 600+ years living in a brass lamp, so the 2 room basement is probably rather accommodating.

Describing the genie, the victims father said, "I used to see a woman who would at times appear very beautiful and at times extremely ugly." Someone should probably inform this gentleman that they might not be dealing with an "evil female genie". It seems more likely to me that they are just dealing with a female. It has been my experience that vacillations between beauty and ugly are quite common, and typically caused by said females' mood or the time of day.

Further, I'm not sure chaining her up in the basement is the best treatment as this is likely to further piss her off. Perhaps telling her that her hair is pretty, taking her out for a nice dinner, or buying her a new burka would do the trick.

African Albinos

There is nothing funny about this, but a man has been sentenced death by hanging for killing a five-year-old albino girl in Tanzania by hacking off her legs with a machete and then drinking her blood, media reported on Wednesday. You can read the full article here.

What is wrong with some people? If my witchdoctor told me to kill an albino and drink a potion made from their body parts, I'd be looking for a new witchdoctor.

Care for a true story? I have a friend who spent the 1960's living in Liberia. He was born and raised in Georgia and now lives in Florida, but he has some great stories from Africa. If a powerful person died, it was believed that you could get their power by eating a soup made from the body. It was apparently not uncommon to dig up a person, stew him, and eat him. So some tribal leader dies and before he was buried, he became the first person in the history of Liberia to be embalmed. That night many of the villagers gathered, dug him up and cooked him. Over the next week a significant % of the local population died. Why? Formaldehyde poisoning! Ultio Ultionis.

Housekeeping: I'm not sure why the right-hand side of youtube videos is being clipped off when I post them. I'm not sure if it's an issue with blogger, my specific template, or what. Whatever it is, I'm sorry. I'm working on a fix. Until then please enjoy the left 3/4 of the videos I post...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...