Friday, July 9, 2010

One summer, Two battles

Shavers,

Just wanted to let you know that I am currently involved in two minor skirmishes that I intend to document on the Razor for your entertainment pleasure.

As stated earlier this week, Amy Kennedy played a nice trick on me this past weekend, and in tribute, I dedicated a Razor post to her. In my post, I mentioned that Christena and I will be spending a weekend with her and Nathan (husband) later this month, and I was looking forward to returning the favor.

Apparently public interest in the "Adam vs. Amy Summer Prank War" is higher than I initially thought. An anonymous Razor fan left this comment on my Blog:

Anonymous said...
Wow, what a huge resemblance between Jennifer and that Amy Kennedy. She could actually be a look alike for Jennifer though Amy is a bit better looking than she is! Also, what a witty girl that Amy Kennedy is. If I am remembering correctly, Amy graduated from Dale County High School as your girlfriend Christena did. How wonderful that a girl once embraced by "the redneck jaws of Dale County" (I once heard it called this by a guy I know) pull off a prank on an old Rehobeth graduate! This is how I call it.

Score:
Kennedy - 1
Thomas - 0

Sincerely,
An Anonoymous Razor Fan


I've reproduced this comment in yellow because the person was too cowardly to use their real name. No problem. I actually think Mr./Mrs. Anonymous Razor Fan raises two interesting points.

  1. Amy Kennedy is more attractive than the actress Ginnifer Goodwin. On the surface I tend to agree. Four years ago when I was in the market for a new Dale County Girl, Amy made my "final three" along with Christena and Kellie. Luckily for Christena, Amy had just met Nathan. I think I'll save the story of how Christena won out over Kellie for another day.
  2. Amy is currently ahead in the points total 1 to 0. Again, I agree. With that said, it's a long summer and Amy and I will be spending two of the next three weekends together so it seems likely that the scorecard will need consistent updating. If the rumour intelligence I'm getting is correct, Amy is not going to sit on her 1 prank lead. We'll see.

And the 2nd skirmish?

Over the course of a 96 hour camping trip, The Strowd (fellow blogger) and I had plenty of time to cuss and discuss our views on virtually everything. Finally, in the last hour of the trip we found something we disagreed about. Legalized Gambling and/or whether the people of Alabama should be allowed to vote on the issue.

Upon review of our discussions, I was reminded of the great "Firing Line" episodes of the mid-1970's that featured the great William F. Buckley (RIP) debating Ronald Reagan (RIP). Readers who take exception to me comparing my campfire talks with The Strowd to the legendary exchanges between Buckley and Reagan are reminded that the Razor exists primarily to inflate my sense of self.

Here's the evidence:

  • Buckley and Reagan were two of the greatest conservative political thinkers of their time. With them both gone a void must be filled, and The Strowd and I are ready to ascend to our rightful place.
  • The Buckley's and Reagan's vacationed together many times throughout their lives. Admittedly, they weren't exactly tent camping in Hillbilly, Tennessee but you see my point.
  • They agreed on virtually everything of political importance. The rare disagreement between the two men was settled via debate on national television.

With the comparison carefully drawn, I could think of only one thing to do. Challenge The Strowd to a "Battle of the Blogs".

He showed the poor judgement to accept my challenge, and so the battle is on.

Over the next couple weeks, as time permits, we'll make cases for our respective positions. First, on the gambling thing, and then on to other topics as disagreements present themselves.

For background on my foe, click here and here. That's right, he requires two blogs to document his life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Take heed Mr. Thomas from two old friends of the past:

You cannot prevent and prepare for war at the same time. ~Albert Einstein


War does not determine who is right - only who is left. ~Bertrand Russell

Well said, Albert and Bertrand! Hopefully, our young men of the present can still learn from your words of wisdom from the past.

AK

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...