Thursday, November 4, 2010

Lil Wayne is a free man. Again.

In honour (I chose the Queens English spelling as a salute to the web traffic I've been getting from Worksop, England) of Lil Wayne's release from jail today, I decided to embed some Hip-Hop videos for you to enjoy.

Of course the blogger that does his "Top Ten" lists in Quinary and announced his impending engagement in "Base 13" has no choice but to nerd it up a little bit. I'm sure there are a few Slicers who don't find economics funny, you must needs only scroll down to yesterday's post to find material decidely more juvenile.

Recently the hip-hop world was shocked when two dead economists decided to settle a 70 year old theoretical debate, not with calculations and graphs, but with a rap battle. Here it is:


For the few of you who haven't been following the heated debate between Austrian Economists against Keynesian Economists, this video may be lost on you. Consider yourselves lucky...

While watching this next video, I was reminded of the year 1999, when I found myself at a Wu Tang clan concert. Red Man and Method Man were dropping sick rhymes, their posse was slinging Benjamins all over the stage, and I was sticking out like the proverbial sore thumb. It was pretty much the opposite of this:



I appreciate your hesitancy to watch a 10 minute video. Humor me and just watch the first couple minutes of each video. With the 2nd video just fast forward a little bit so you can see some shots of the audience reaction. Absolutely hysterical.

There is a reason why the Razor is on record as being against all white rappers not named Eminem. Further, white people should probably not go to Rap concerts, but I'll let you use your own judgement...

What is a rap video supposed to look like? Here's a video from Lil Wayne:
DISCLAIMER: I DON'T KNOW IF THIS VIDEO IS SAFE FOR WORK OR NOT, I THINK I CAUGHT A "SHAWTY WANNA THUG" IN THERE SOMEWHERE, BUT BEYOND THAT I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND ANY OF THE WORDS. TO BE SAFE, LET'S ASSUME NSFW...


I know it was very subtle but did you notice a difference between Lil Wayne and the Dead Economists?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...