Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Tea Party, Nigeria E-mail scams, &c.

First of all, I didn't realize until just now that I was wearing the exact same shirt in both of the photos I embedded in Monday's post. Apparently that is my "Official Tribal Dance Shirt". Who knew...

---
It's good to see that the Tea Party survived the Nov. 2nd election and is alive and well. No, I'm not talking about the various election re-counts going on around the country. I'm talking about the Tea Party's candidate on Dancing with the Stars, Bristol Palin. I don't watch that farce of a television show, but I did happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time (seems to happen a lot lately) last night and caught a few minutes of it.

If you're keeping score at home, Sarah Palin's endorsements are responsible for 4 of our new Senators, 43 new members of the House of Representatives, and 25% of the semi-finalists on DWTS. There is no other way to explain Bristol's victory over a natural athlete like Kurt Warner.

Also, Bristol, your baby is almost 2 years old. It's time to lose the weight, particularly in the face area. If dieting doesn't work, you're in LA, go to a surgeon.

---

Like most people with an e-mail address, over the years I've received many "investment opportunities" from various African business men. This one, which I received last fall, was especially creative:

ATTN:

Dear Sir/M,

I am Mr. Kenneth Rogers. an agent acting on behalf of Mssr. Cam Newton, ABUJA (FCT).

I have the courage to Crave indulgence for this important business believing that you will never let me down either now or in the future.

Some years ago, a former American Football Player with other respected National Football Corporations, made a numbered time (fixed)deposit for twelve calendar months, valued $200,000.USD in an account to secure the footballer playing time of Mssr. Cam Newtons.

On maturity, Mssr. Cam Newton will sign with such as desired football corporations and make the touchdowns.

If you desire to win the contests, you will make such a fixed time deposit into an account of my choosing. Upon receipt of your goodwill intentions, Mssr. Cam Newtons will be delivered post-haste.

Since I know you are an honorable individual with great expectations, I will accept a small discount sum in the order of $180,000 for the same rights and ventures.

Thank you for your time and many blessings and peace be upon you,

Mssr. Kenneth Rogers, FUT


Seemed like a good deal at the time....

---
See ya soon...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...